Snake on the steps





Snake on the steps, poo in the piazza... Another thing that always strikes me when I return is the state of the streets.

Steps lead from this beautiful fifteenth century Spanish church to the school below where my son attends pre-school. On my way to pick him up last week I almost stepped on a snake that was slithering off into the overgrown bushes flanking the steps. I know there are snakes in Sicily, but I just don't expect to see them practically on my doorstep.

Also last week my son and I were playing ball in the piazza while bambina snoozed in the stroller. But we had to give up because the ball kept rolling into dog poo...

Dear Mr Mayor, could you kindly clean up the crap (or fine the losers who let their dogs do their business in the piazza), and cut the grass? And while you are at it, resurface our street, the potholes have ruined my car's suspension and the stroller wheels get stuck in them...

I love Sicily, I do ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being pregnant in Sicily

Black Madonna of Tindari

Sicilia in Bocca